Now in the 5th class? Then come to us!
What makes us that special
The AVS sees itself not only as a school that provides you with the knowledge you need for your Abitur – we would also like to show you how to be tolerant of one another, how to act in a democratic manner and how to use digital media to get fit for your future professional life. You don’t know exactly what that means? Very simple: We treat each other in a nice and social way, encourage you to express your opinion and enable and encourage working with tablets and pencils.
Experience more in our flyer.
Come with us, we will show you our school:
What sets us apart from other schools:
Four focus classes from the 5th class
With us you have the choice between four main areas, so that you can fully develop:
Get fit for the future in the tablet class by using the tablet as a working device. Acquire digital strategies and skills and discover the world of digital learning together with your classmates!
Are you interested in many things, curious, open to everything and enjoy learning? Then join our all-rounders in the team!
Have you always wanted to discover the secrets of nature and analyze, question and research connections? Then you’ve come to the right place with our researchers.
Do you enjoy exercise and like being part of a team? Do you like trying out new sports together with others? Then our focus class Sport is something for you!
Your start with us – characteristics of our orientation level
- We help you to get to know your class and the class teacher teams in the first week. Our student godparents – older students who know their way around the AVS very well – are your contact persons and will help you to discover the school.
- You will learn media 1×1 with us and then you will know how school works online – get fit for video conferences etc.!
- You get the great AVS school planner and get to know our portfolio of methods so that you can plan and learn new things.
- Our homework help Monday to Thursday (1:05 p.m. – 3:25 p.m. in the learning workshop) is free of charge. Get help or bridge time until you go home.
- As a model school for digital learning, we enable learning with digital devices in many lessons after consultation with the respective teacher – do you learn better with paper and pen? No problem, we like and encourage both.
PS: From the intermediate level, you are free to choose whether you want to work with a tablet or with pen and paper.
The AVS is excellent!
As a school, it is important to us to think outside the box, which is why we participate in a wide range of programmes and have received several awards for this:
To be encouraged and challenged
We celebrate diversity – and would like to offer every student the teaching content that optimally promotes and challenges.
We support you with LRS – Coaching against dyslexia or help with DAZ, organise everyday life with you in our open all-day school and offer a wide range of hands-on projects: yoga, mountain biking, Low German, chemistry, judo, theatre, working with clay, street dance , cooking, fishing technology or school medical service – we have it all!
Or do you always ask questions that others don’t understand? And you would like to try out more things? Then you are in good hands with the Clever Kids and the revolving door (enrichment) and you will be challenged beyond the regular lessons.
DAZ at the AVS
Here you can see a sample timetable that shows you how our timetable works.
You go by bus? Feel free to contact us if the end of school and bus travel times overlap. We always find a solution.
You certainly have a lot of questions, just make an appointment for a consultation with our head of the orientation level Anne Christiansen on 04821 67410.