Physical Education (Sports)
“Higher, faster, further”
Subject chair: Jürgen Engel (En)
Subject departement Physical Education (Sport)
Sport is very important at the AVS.
- Sport focus class (since 2011/12). From grade 5 onwards, one class is provided with an additional PE lesson thoughout a total of two school years (i.e. a total of 3 lessons a week).
- Compulsory elective lessons “WPU – Healthy Movement or Getting fit by Movement”: Here, with the help of two additional weekly lessons in the form of a course, a range of sports is taught that complements everyday physical education classes.
- Sport profile class in senior classes
- Swimming lessons are held in the class all year round and can also be chosen as a possible subject for the “Abitur” in PE.
- With the installation of “AVS Canoe”, the use of 13 three-seater canoes and one ten-canoe including two trailers and complete additional equipment is possible for water sports.
- In addition, a class set of mountain bikes is available to the sports department.
- A beach volleyball field, the adjoining Cirencester Park and the Kaiserstraße sports field also offer other good opportunities for outdoor sports.
Year-round participation in various sporting competitions and activities of regional and national importance, e.g.:
- Students triathlon
- Relay marathon
- Youth trains for the Olympics
Organisation of our own sports turnaments
- the Volleyball Challenge Cup
- the junior high basketball tournament
- Athletics Sports Festival (grades 5-9 / since 2014)
|Mr Engel||Religious Education (Protestant), Russian|
|Mrs Hoffmann||English, Spanish|
|Mrs Strecker||Biology, Chemistry|
|Mr Trupkovic||Economy and politics|